Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday blaughs or should I say blogs -LOL!!!




Today was just one of those days for me. You know the kind of day where you expect to get a lot done but its just not in the cards. Anyway, started off with me having to pick up my son this morning. He went to camp for the weekend with the Boy Scouts and it seemed to be a good weekend for it, was not too hot not too cold.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That was about the only thing that I accomplished today that I meant to accomplish. The rest of the day might have well just said forget it!!! After that the day went down hill from there. First off - I planned to get the laundry done - Sunday thing to do and all - well my dryer would not start. Sooooo I decided to take a look to see what I could see (by the way it's an old gas dryer with a regular plug). Anyway, seems that the back of the dryer is allowing clothes to fall down behind and a couple of items got stuck in the gears that makes the dryer turn. Couldn't reach it from underneath - sooo decided to try it from the backside. Well ended up taking off the back only to find more wonderful things in my way. Well I guess I have to call a repair man on this one folks - way over my head - I did try though. Does Sears still have repair men? It's an old Kenmore - anyway that's my next issue - how much will it cost and can it be fixed - will be the next dilemma on that one.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


So I decided to wash the laundry and go to the laundry mat to dry the clothes - had to get this done - remember I just picked up a kid who went camping this weekend - Yuck, Yuck, Yuck


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gotta get the clothes, sheets and everything dried;




anyway as I waited for the washer to do it's job, I decided to take the opportunity to clean up the yard. You know it's that time of year again and the leaves are falling



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



So I got out the lawnmower and decided that I had better scan the yard and pick up the 100 or so dead branches that have fallen from my wonderful trees. So I was going along minding my own business thinking how wonderful the day is, a little on the windy side but just perfect weather to be out in the yard. Thinking it's much better to be picking up the leaves in this weather rather than the previous 3 years in brrrrr coooold weather. Well guess what ---- I have since changed my mind, out of the blue hidden by the leaves a creature jumped at me - now not any creature -eeech a snake, a snake!!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now I didn't get to see it's face but I knew it blended in real good with the leaves. Kinda copper gold color with diamonds maybe. I don't know didn't see the head, it was a baby about 9 to 12 inches long. It had coiled itself up and was in strike position, yeah I know I know I scared the darned thing, but guess what it scared me too!!! It almost bit me, luckily I had picked up a branch and was backing up when the darned thing struck. Got my attention though -real fast, my adrenalin was a pumping. So I stood there trying to figure out what to do next - I went in the opposite direction, this time watching everywhere I stepped, just in case the little fellow had a friend-

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Anyway, that was the end of the leaves for this day - I plan to wait until it gets colder - snakes won't like the cold, safer for me. Anyway I have since figured out what kind of snake it was



Yep a copperhead - God was on my side today!!!! Anyway after my scare - I just hate snakes anyway, I went to the laundry and dried my clothes.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

http://youtu.be/g7sCl56PsXQ



mmm I ready for another vacation and I think I know the place - need to visit Branson, MO see my favorite comedian Jim Stafford again - gotta love it

Jim Stafford


His show is just wonderful - all my kids liked him!
Add to My Profile More Videos

No comments: