Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summer Vacation







For vacation this year instead of traveling around like I always do, I stayed at home - weeeellll sort of. I handled a lot of unfinished buisness, you know the 1001 things to do around the home but you never can find the time to do it. The endless chores that are on you little to do - or for the married folks - honey do list. My house does look better for it, I don't know if I am well rested but I get another week in August. I did manage to buy a new car - a 2007 Pontiac G5 - Sunroof, power doors, window, get sound system - the works -that took time too - Me and my little one Matthew spent a lot of time looking at new car's, test driving them and then talking to sales people. Everyone knows that's a hassle - yuck, yuck, yuck and all with a 9 year almost 10 year old. He did wonderful well, he is a very well behaved little boy when it comes to the public eye!!!





Matthew liked this car - no we didn't get it!!!












I ended up breaking down when I had to give up my little Sunfire - just loved it - however, the repair bills did not love me - bought that one used - 1 year, think it wasn't looked after right. Anyway, cried when it came to give it up - funny the things you get attached too - well anyone the car dealership gave me a new I pod for breaking down. I needed that as I was going to get one for my birthday and other things happened - repair bills to the Sunfire - LOL.




Saying good bye to our old friend the Sunfire!!!














Consolidated my bills, wow, that was a smart move on my part as I have a credit union who took real good care of me. As I put the money away in savings anyway, won't miss that and it saved me tons - whoooo hooo no more overtime!!!! Well not to pay bills (credit cards) anyway - I do have two children's birthdays coming up in September - shhhhh don't tell them - and then of course Christmas is just around the corner. But overall finacially I did OK and freed up a lot of funds - I am so pround of myself - for once I thought things through - so the two weeks were worth the stay at home!!!!




The only thing that was bad on my vacation is that I had to say goodbye to an old friend. Hated to but the person just did not know how to treat me like a person. So as much as I hated to I had to let that person go out of my life - I am sure it meant more to me than that person anyway. So I'm sad - don't really know why either, I know it was the right thing to do for me, but it still hurts - you know. But I think it's more because of what I thought this person was for me - kinda selfish - I don't know - still can't figure it out.





The last three days of my vacation were spent with my family. Thursday nite Matthew and I went to dinner with my brother - we went to Tanner's and it was steak night - boy was that good!!! Then we went over to their house and had some expresso coffee from my brother's express coffee machine - that sure hit the spot!!! I enjoy spending time with my brother and his wife - funny how time changes things there was a time that we just picked on each other and now he's one of my best friends. Hopefully, my daugher and her brothers will come to this point sometime real soon????









Friday, Matthew and I spent the day with my daughter - Megan. We all had a good time - we hung out and talked and went to the mall. My daughter bought a rat - yeah you heard me rat - for one of her friends, as a present - yuck - please nobody give me a present such as that - unless you want to hear me screeeeeech!!!!! For real I'm just kidding, I'm not really that weak or scwimish - but the little rat had dumbo ears, poor thing not bad enough to have a rat face - but then to have big ears on top of it!!!!





Megan spent the night with us and then we had to drop her off at work - oh yeah - she got a job!!! Yeah!!! Then Matthew and I went to a company picnic with my friends - Earnest and Angie. We had a great time lots of food and fun. Then we played softball and I walked to first base as the pitcher was throwing the balls way, way over my head. I did end up running all the bases on that one and scored for our team - Yeah!!! Angie and Earnest were on the other side and Angie sure surprised me - she hit two balls and ran to second base both turns. She hasn't played ball in 35 years and it sure surprised me when she told me she would play. I am so glad cause we had a lot of fun. Of course my team won - 5 to 4, LOL!!!!












Sunday, last day of vacation - I took Matthew to the water park. His little friend and dad met us there and they all had a great time. Matthew actually went down the water slides for his first time - you know sometimes I worry about him as he has no man around to show him how to do manly things. And I have been a mother to children for 23 straight years so I have this over protective thing that I need to stop really badly. I don't want him to grow up and be a sissy - but actually I think it will work out. Matthew, is started to grow up and want to be around his friends - so it won't be long where Mom won't be any fun anymore - anyway, better stop before I get all sobby as my babies are all growing up.










All in all it was a good two weeks off of work, enjoyed myself and had a good time!!!

























No comments: