Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years 2012

Today is the beginning to another year and I as most people reflect on the previous year to see if I accomplished the goals or figured out what has changed in the last year.  2011 was a terrible year for news - natural disasters like the the Japan Tsunami that created a Nuclear emergency, the tornado that destroyed Joplin Mo, a senator was shot along with others and she miraculously lived through it and is on her way back.  Then we had the little girl (young women) from American on trial in Italy - Ms. Amanda Knox - her family showed how to believe and backed her up all the way!  A lot of interesting things happened in 2011, but I am not going to list them all just watch



So after 2011 what can 2012 possible give us - hopefully a quieter, calmer year.  But I have heard rumors that the royal bride is expecting so we will see if there is a new child to be born to the royal crown this year.





Changes for me last year, well my family has grown - I acquired a son-in-law and new granddaughter all in one year.  So now I have two grandchildren from my daughter and the joys and wonder of being a grandparent is too wonderful for words.

My son visited me this year from the Dominican republic he came home for Thanksgiving and has announced that he has a girl friend.  He seems to be happy and may be staying in the Dominican longer than his two and 1/2 years, so I have a place to vacation for a while it seems.  I am glad he is happy, but now I have to learn Spanish - which shouldn't be a problem except I will have to fit it into my tight schedule of studies and work already.

My youngest is doing the typical things of a teenager his age.  More concerned about how he looks and how he fits into the world.  Sometimes I wish we could just take the growing pains away but they have to learn somehow.  He has a new hair style this year and for the most part seems to be happy.   Next year high school for him - they grow up so fast - wasn't so long ago they were all in the nest when I first started this blog now they all have lives of their own and are spreading their wings.


So what have I accomplished in the past year?  Just keeping up with them and going back to school.  I will graduate this May, turn 50 the day before and then I plan on going to Vegas for the first time to celebrate.  I have gained a few pounds since summer (15) - so I will be on my diet until March cause we cannot go backwards after such hard work to take the pounds off.  Plan on doing some traveling this summer and visiting some family members and friends which I have been promising for the last couple of years to do.  So welcome 2002, from the onset you look like you are going to be a good year - but then looks can be deceiving so we will see what you will bring.  Happy New Year everyone!!!!

No comments: